Sixtus Ellis Johnson
- Birth Date
- 8 October 1829
- Death Date
- 14 June 1916
The Johnson Family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Willard Richards Company in 1848. The Johnson family included Joel Hill and his children from his first marriage Sixtus Ellis, Sariah Anna, Seth Guernsey, and Nephi Johnson, and his two wives Susan Bryant and Janette Fife. Also traveling in the company was Joel’s brother Benjamin Franklin and his wives and children.
At the end of a mission, Sixtus returned home as Captain of the Sixtus E. Johnson Company in 1861.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 31
- Company Captain
- Family Tree
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Johnson, Nephi, [Autobiography], in A Voice From the Mountains: Life and Works of Joel Hills Johnson , 250.
- Johnson, Seth E., Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1922], -16.
- Johnson, Seth E., Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1922], .
- Johnson, Sixtus Ellis, [Autobiography], in A Voice From the Mountains: Life and Works of Joel Hills Johnson , 247.
- Johnson, Sixtus Ellis, [Journal], in David Ellis Johnson, comp., Leaves from the Family Tree of Sixtus Ellis Johnson , 121-42.
- Pioneer emigration list 1847-1848, 118, in Docket book 1844 Feb.-1845 May.
- Sixtus E. Johnson Emigrating Company, Journal, 1861 July-Sept.
- Staheli, John, The life of John and Barbara Staheli [ca. 1940], [2-3].
- Teasdale, George, Autobiography, in University of California [Berkeley] Bancroft Library, Utah and the Mormons collection [n.d.], reel 3, 11-13.