- Birth Date
- 7 April 1797
- Death Date
- 16 July 1881
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and his death record.
The Young family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the William Snow/Joseph Young Company in 1850. The Young family included Joseph and his wife Jane Adeline Bicknell and their children: Jane Adeline, Joseph Bicknell, Seymour Bicknell, LeGrand, Julia Ann Vilate, and Chloe Eliza. Joseph was one of the Captains of the company.
Company records state that he traveled with 11 people.
- Age at Departure: 53
- Company Captain
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gallup, Luke William, Reminiscences and diary 1842 May-1891 Mar., 122-41.
- Harris, Martin Henderson, [Journal], in Martin Henderson Harris: A Utah Pioneer , 17.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 13.
- Knight, Alonzo, A Short Sketch of the Life of Alonzo Knight, 1-2. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- McBride, James, Autobiography 1874-1876, 52-58.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Snow, Gardner, Record book .
- Snow, Gardner, to First Presidency, 28 Aug. 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 3.
- Snow, Gardner, to To Whom It May Concern, 28 Aug. 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 3.
- Snow, William, Journal, 1832-1833 and 1850, 3-8.
- Stone, Minerva Leantine Jones, Letters 1850-1851.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.