- Birth Date
- 14 May 1831
- Death Date
- 8 November 1889
Washington Lafayette Jolley
Washington initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Warren Foote Company in 1850 as indicated in the Warren Foote Emigrating Company Journal.
At the end of a mission to Texas, he traveled home as captain of the Washington L. Jolley Company in 1854 as indicated in his journal. He married Emily Knight en route.
At the end of another mission, he traveled home with the David H. Cannon Company in 1861 as indicated by Bartlett Tripp’s Journal.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 23
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 30
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census, Utah County.
- "Capt. D. H. Cannon's Train," The Mountaineer , 13 July 1861, 162.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Foote, Warren, Autobiography and journals 1837-1903, vol. 1, 110-26.
- Jolley, Sarah Pippen, Reminiscences, 3-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Tripp, Bartlett, Journal, 1861 May-Aug., 1-25.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Warren Foote Emigrating Company, Journal 1850 June-Sept.
- "Washington Lafayette Jolley," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Welchman, Arthur Pendry, Reminiscences and diary [ca.1854-1917], vol. 1, fd. 1, 14-25.