- Birth Date
- 20 February 1833
- Death Date
- 12 June 1909
Andrew Purley Shumway
Son of Charles Shumway. He traveled in the 6th Company of Ten, led by his father.
He returned to America from his mission in England by way of the ship The Underwriter.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 25
- Returning Missionary
- Bullock, Thomas, Journal, 1858 May-June.
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Brigham Young, 26 June 1858, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 36, box 26, fd. 5.
- Bullock, Thomas, to Editor, 22 July 1858, in Missionary Reports, fd. 17.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Coombs, Isaiah Moses, Diary, in Isaiah Moses Coombs, Collection 1835-1938, reel 1, box 1, fd. 3, vol. 8, 16-66.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1858, 32.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Missionary Record Index
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Shumway, Andrew Purley, Reminiscences, 1869.
- Welchman, Arthur P., Reminiscences and diary, [ca.1854-1917], fd. 1, 93-94.