- Birth Date
- 28 June 1813
- Death Date
- 9 June 1878
Orrin Porter Rockwell
Orrin was part of the 10th Company of Ten led by Appleton M. Harmon. Though Rockwell initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with Brigham Young's 1847 vanguard company, he traveled back and forth across the plains several times.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 42
- Age at Departure: 43
- "Arrivals," Deseret News [Weekly], 10 October 1855, 245.
- Atwood, Millen, Journal 1847, April-July.
- Barney, Lewis, Autobiography and diary 1878-1883, reel 5, item 5, 32-38.
- Bullock, Thomas, Correspondence, 1836-1857.
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Cantwell, James to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 28 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914f, fd 2.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company, Journal 1847 June-Sept.
- Grant, Caleb, [Report], Dec. 12, 1856, in Journal History, 9 Nov. 1856, 31-35.
- Harmon, Appleton Milo, Diary 1847 April-July.
- Huntington, Oliver Boardman, Diary and reminiscences, 1843 June-1900 January [transcript], 105-107.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- "Names of Persons who started with the Train from Mormon Grove, who did not come through with it," in [Papers and rosters relating to emigration companies] 1846-1860s.
- Nelson, Bengt, "An Autobiography of Bengt Nelson, Sr., Together with a sketch of his wife Ellen J. Nelson," 9-10, 15-16.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 233.
- Rich, Charles Coulson, Diary, vol. 8, 65-72, in Collection, 1832-1908.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Snow, Erastus, Journal 1835-1851; 1856-1857, vol. 4, 3-91.
- Tippets, John Harvey, Autobiography [ca. 1882], 99-113.
- Woodruff, Wilford, Journal, 1847 Jan.-1853 Dec., box 2, fd. 3, in Journals and papers 1828-1898, 26-77.
- Woolley, Franklin Benjamin, Autobiography [ca. 1856], 13-15.
- Young, Lorenzo Dow, Diaries, 1846-1852 and 1888-1891, vol. 1.