- Birth Date
- 26 May 1822
- Death Date
- Between 1881-1885
David Powell Sr.
David Powell was part of the 13th Company of Ten led by Shadrach Roundy. At some point he returned to Winter Quarters because he is seen crossing the plains again with his family in the 1853 Wilkin Company.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- “David Wilkin Company report, 1853 July 15.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 33)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 13 July 1853, 4.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Lyman, Amasa Mason, Diary, reel 1, vol. 8, 1-26 and 1-10, written by Albert Carrington, in Amasa Mason Lyman, Collection 1832-1877.
- "Powell, David," [Biographical sketch], in Andrew Jenson, comp., Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 4:715.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.