- Birth Date
- 22 August 1828
- Death Date
- 9 June 1876
James Barnet Cole Jr.
James initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Mormon Battalion with the Levi W. Hancock/Jefferson Hunt/James Pace/Andrew Lytle Company in 1847.
His name appears on the roster for the William McBride Company that traveled from California to Utah in 1855. His surname is occasionally written as "Call" in some journals. At the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial Census he was living in Box Elder County, Utah.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming and his name appears on the Territorial Militia rolls in 1857.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 26
- Age at Departure: 28
- 1850 California Census
- 1856 Utah Census, Box Elder County.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Allred, Redick Newton, Journals, 1852-, reel 9, vol. 2.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- McBride, William, Journal, vol. 2, in William B. McBride, Journals 1854-1855; 1874.
- Pratt, Parley P. to George A. Smith, 30 April 1855, "Elders' Correspondence," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 August 1855, 190.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.