- Birth Date
- 6 November 1820
- Death Date
- 20 October 1901
John Wesley Norton
John Wesley Norton was part of the 12th Company of Ten led by Norton Jacobs. John was a hunter for the "Pioneer" company of 1847 but soon returned to Council Bluffs for his family. He then accompanied them across the plains in 1848.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Barney, Lewis, Autobiography and diary 1878-1883, reel 5, item 5, 32-38.
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Harper, Charles Alfred, Diary, 1847 Apr.-Aug.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 11 August 1847, 3.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.