- Birth Date
- 28 April 1799
- Death Date
- 23 March 1879
Sessions initially emigrated to the Valley in 1847, but then returned to Winter Quarters to retrieve his family in 1850. In that company, he served as a captain of 50.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Dana, Charles Root, Autobiography 1859, fd. 3, 82-86.
- "Emigration (From the Frontier Guardian , June 12 th , 1850)," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star 15 Aug. 1850, 252-53.
- Hancock, Levi Ward, Journals 1846-1847, fd. 3.
- Holdaway, Lucinda Haws, Reminiscences. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection." Some restrictions apply.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 5.
- Redd, John Hardison, Diary 1850 June-Aug.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.