- Birth Date
- 21 February 1822
- Death Date
- 10 October 1905
Reddick Newton Allred
Redick traveled to Utah as a returning Mormon Battalion veteran in the Levi W. Hancock/Jefferson Hunt/James Pace/Andrew Lytle Company in 1847. He then marched back to Winter Quarters to his family.
In 1849, he traveled with his family to Utah in the Allen Taylor Company.
At the end of a mission to the Sandwich Islands, he traveled home with the William McBride Company in 1855 as indicated in his diary.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 34
- Adams, William, [Autobiography], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 32:11-12.
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- Allred, Reddick N., Autobiographical sketch and diary, in Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Collection, 1828-1963, reel 9, item 3, 37-38.
- Allred, Redick Newton, Autobiographical sketch and diary 1898-1903, reel 9, item 3, vol. 3, 21-23.
- Allred, Redick Newton, Journals, 1852-, reel 9, vol. 2.
- Hancock, Levi Ward, Journals 1846-1847, fd. 3.
- Jones, Albert William, Notes [ca. 1918].
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), 62-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 3.
- King, John Morris, Diaries -, vol. 3.
- Lambert, George C., Diaries, 1866-1912, fd. 11, 7.
- McBride, William, Journal, vol. 2, in William B. McBride, Journals 1854-1855; 1874.
- Moore, David, Collection 1843-1921, fd. 4, 7p.
- Moore, David, Writings [ca. 1860], 45-54.
- Morgan, Jesse, Journal, in Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama [1864; reprint 1983], 7-20.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters." Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October. Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Pace, James, Diary, 1846 Jul-1847 Oct., 53-66.
- Pratt, Parley P. to George A. Smith, 30 April 1855, "Elders' Correspondence," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 August 1855, 190.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 180.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Spencer, Claudius to Brigham Young, 12 November 1856. Brigham Young office files 1832-1878, General Incoming Correspondence.
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database
- Utah Death Certificates.