- Birth Date
- 15 August 1786
- Death Date
- 30 December 1869
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
Samuel traveled to Utah as a returning Mormon Battalion veteran in the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachments in 1847. Samuel traveled between California and Utah a couple more times in the Amasa M. Lyman Company of 1850 and the Parley P. Pratt Company of 1852. He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
In 1862, he was a returning missionary from the states.
- Age at Departure: 60
- Age at Departure: 64
- Age at Departure: 66
- Age at Departure: 70
- Age at Departure: 75
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Gould, Samuel," [Biographical sketch], in Andrew Jenson, comp., Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 3:383.
- "Journal and Diary of Albert King Thurber," in Treasures of Pioneer History, 6 vols. [1952-57], 3:283-288.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Pratt, Parley P., Autobiography of Parley Parker Pratt , 454-55.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, , 23.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.