- Birth Date
- 12 June 1816
- Death Date
- 7 January 1902
He came from Pueblo, Colorado to Salt Lake Utah. His given name is also spelled "Judathan."
His birth and death dates are confirmed by his obituary and the inscription on his gravestone. However, his obituary shows his name as "Jeduthan."
- Age at Departure: 30
- Age at Departure: 35
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County
- Averett, Jeduthan, Autobiographical sketch, in Biographical sketches, 1891- , reel 3, box 3, fd. 13, item 21.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 1, p. 49. A Record of Those Who Arrived in the Valley of the Great Salt Lake during the Year 1847; Including the Names, Ages, Autographs and Places of Residence of All Known Survivors on July 24, 1897, "The Year of Jubilee!"
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898).
- "Old 'Mormon' Soldier Dead," Deseret Evening News, 11 Jan. 1902, 8.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, , 20-28, 238-40.