- Birth Date
- 15 April 1818
- Death Date
- 16 December 1890
Franklin traveled to Utah as a returning Mormon Battalion veteran in the Mormon Battalion Sick Detachments in 1847.
He likely traveled back to Iowa to get his family and then returned to Utah in the Issac M. Stewart Company of 1852. A Franklin Allen is known to have traveled in that company with 5 others, the number in his family at that time.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 34
- Age at Departure: 38
- Allen, Franklin, Diary, 1846 Jul-1848 Oct.
- Gardner, Hamilton. History of Lehi: Including a Biographical Section (Salt Lake City: The Lehi Pioneer Committee, 1913), 110-111.
- Isaac M. Stewart Emigrating Company, Journal.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, , 238.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, , 38.