- Birth Date
- 18 May 1805
- Death Date
- 22 November 1890
He served as captain of 50 in the 1847 company. He then returned to Winter quarters and brought his family back the next year.
His death date is confirmed by his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Age at Departure: 43
- "An Eventful Career," Deseret Evening News, 2 December 1890, 2.
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Dalton, Luella Adams, History of the Iron County Mission and Parowan, The Mother Town, p. 83.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Everett, Addison, Diary, 1847 April.
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- History of Iron County Mission
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 6.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Lyman, Amasa Mason, Diary, reel 1, vol. 8, 1-26 and 1-10, written by Albert Carrington, in Amasa Mason Lyman, Collection 1832-1877.
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.