- Birth Date
- 1 October 1820
- Death Date
- 26 December 1886
John and Mary sailed to America in 1849 on the ship Berlin.
He led a part of the company that left the Daley company at Fort Laramie and traveled the rest of the way separately.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 34
- Company Captain
- "An Old Pioneer Gone," Salt Lake Herald-Republican. 28 December 1886, 8. John Hindley Dies at American Fork.
- Bywater, James, Reminiscences, 1903-1908, 239-40.
- Cobb, Augusta Adams, to Charlotte Ives Cobb, 28 June 1855, in Theodore Schroeder Collection.
- Dinwoodey, Henry, Autobiographical sketch, 1887, 5-6.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Gone to His Rest," The Dailey Enquirer , 28 Dec. 1886, 3.
- Hindley, Jane Charters Robinson, Journals, 1855-1905, [16-21].
- Hindley, Jane Charters Robinson, Reminiscences, 2-3. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- "Immigration List," Deseret News, 12 September 1855, 214.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 3 September 1855, 3.
- Knox, William, Journals, 1847-1864.
- Marriott, Trezer Southwick, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 16:64.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Moses Daley Freight Company, Journal, 1853 Sept.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files (CR 376 1), 1850-1887.
- Stookey, Jemima E., Autobiography of Jemima E. Stookey , 19-22.
- Stubbs, Peter, Autobiography of Peter Stubbs, 38-39.