- Birth Date
- 22 January 1833
- Death Date
- 15 February 1910
Samuel Lorenzo Adams
He probably was in the Abraham O. Smoot company. His name isn't on the published newspaper roster, but his wife, Emma Jackson Adams, is listed there under her maiden name. Adams wrote in his autobiographical sketch that he arrived in Salt Lake on 3 September 1852, the same date of arrival of the Smoot company. His wife's obituary also confirms that he came to Utah with her in the Smoot company.
In 1861 he was a returning missionary from England.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 27
- Returning Missionary
- Adams, Samuel L., "Early Day Reminiscences," Juvenile Instructor 32 (15 June 1897): 379.
- Adams, Samuel L., Autobiographical sketch, in St. George Stake, High Priest Quorum Genealogical Records, 1872-1906, reel 6039, 35, in Record of Members Collection 1836-1970.
- Adams, Samuel Lorenzo, Autobiographical sketch, in Biographical sketches, 1891- , reel 1, box 1, fd. 6, item 5.
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald, 20 May 1885, 5.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 12.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886 Ledger A, p. 141.
- Utah Death Certificates.