- Birth Date
- 16 August 1820
- Death Date
- 10 March 1870
Sidney Alvarus Hanks
Sidney initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company in 1847 and was part of the 4th Company of Ten led by Luke Johnson, according to the company rosters and many journals. In 1848 he was a Captain of Ten. His birth date is confirmed by his Patriarchal Blessing record. According to his tombstone he died 10 March 1870; but he was not buried until 23 April 1870 because he had frozen to death while looking for a lost cow and his body was not recovered until then.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 26
- Atwood, Millen, Journal 1847, April-July.
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Cook, Phineas Wolcott, Reminiscences and journal, 1843-1886, 52-56.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "First 100, report, 1848 June," In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849, Brigham Young's 1848 emigration division.
- Heward, Elizabeth Terry, Autobiography and journal 1853-1860, 20-21.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 2.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.