- Birth Date
- 5 October 1822
- Death Date
- 4 May 1881
Eric McArthur Glines
Eric traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Pioneer Company in 1847 and was part of the 7th Company of Ten led by James Case. He stopped very briefly with those remaining behind to operate the Platte River ferry, then continued on to Green River, at which place he joined others who ventured back to guide the oncoming companies to Salt Lake Valley.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Empey, William A., "The Mormon Ferry on the North Platte, The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," ed. Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming , July-Oct. 1949, 124-33.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company, Journal 1847 June-Sept.
- Harmon, Appleton Milo, Diary 1847 April-July.
- Harper, Charles Alfred, Diary, 1847 Apr.-Aug.
- Higbee, John Somers, Reminiscences and diaries, 1845-1866, vol. 1 and vol. 2.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Lyman, Amasa Mason, Diary, reel 1, vol. 8, 1-26 and 1-10, written by Albert Carrington, in Amasa Mason Lyman, Collection 1832-1877.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Woodruff, Wilford, Journal, 1847 Jan.-1853 Dec., box 2, fd. 3, in Journals and papers 1828-1898, 26-77.
- Young, Lorenzo Dow, Diaries, 1846-1852 and 1888-1891, vol. 1.