- Birth Date
- 23 April 1838
- Death Date
- 24 December 1924
David Henry Cannon
He sailed to America in 1842 on the ship Sidney.
The Lambert family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Allen Taylor Company in 1849. The Lamberts included Charles and his wife Mary Alice Cannon, and their children Charles John and George Cannon. Mary’s orphaned siblings also traveled with them: Angus Munn, David Henry, and Leonora Cannon.
In 1857 he was a returning missionary from California and escorting his sister-in-law Elizabeth Hoagland Cannon and family.
In 1861 he was a returning missionary from England.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 23
- Company Captain
- Beatrice Cannon Evans and Janath Russell Cannon, ed., Cannon Family Historical Treasury , 120, 248.
- Blood, William, [Autobiography], in Ivy Hooper Blood Hill, comp. and ed., William Blood: His Posterity and Biographies of Their Progenitors , 14-16.
- Cannon, David H., [Reminiscences], in Our Pioneer Heritage , 20 vols. [1958-77], 5:32.
- "Capt. D. H. Cannon's Train," The Mountaineer , 13 July 1861, 162.
- "Famous Utah Pioneer Dies in St. George Home," Deseret News , 24 Dec. 1924, section 2, 1.
- Hall, Almira Jane Reid, Autobiography, 46-59.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 3.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Tripp, Bartlett, Journal, 1861 May-Aug., 1-25.
- Utah Death Certificates.