- Birth Date
- 12 April 1830
- Death Date
- 15 January 1905
John Evington Bitton
Evidence that he came in 1856 is confirmed in information found in 1857 Church financial records. He traveled with his wife, Sarah, and sister, Jane. Several years later, he was one of the teamsters from Ogden that assisted in an out-and-back company.
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 33
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1870 Utah Census, Weber County.
- Hadley, Lorenzo, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 12:14-17.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 262.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Ship Passenger and Manifest Lists/Mormon Migration
- Utah Death Certificates.