- Birth Date
- 6 January 1828
- Death Date
- 20 October 1903
Green Flake traveled in the 1847 Brigham Young Company and was part of the 14th Company of Ten led by Joseph Matthews. He was labeled in several journals as "a black man."
- Age at Departure: 19
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Flake, Green, Reminiscences, in Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, The book of the pioneers [ca. 1897].
- "Funeral of Green Flake," Deseret Evening News , 31 Oct. 1903, 9.
- "Green Flake Passes Away: Pioneer Colored Man Dies at the Home of His Son in Idaho Falls," Deseret Evening News, 22 October 1903, 1.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Lyman, Amasa Mason, Diary, reel 1, vol. 8, 1-26 and 1-10, written by Albert Carrington, in Amasa Mason Lyman, Collection 1832-1877.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.