- Birth Date
- 12 April 1820
- Death Date
- 13 February 1883
On the Hunt company roster, John was listed as the company marshal.
The Price family crossed the sea by way of the ship S. Curling. They arrived to Boston on 23 May 1856. Their westward journey then continued as part of the Hunt company. He had a daughter, Elizabeth, who was born and died while en route to Utah. According to 1860 census records, John, Margaret, and John William lived together in Utah. John's birth date and death date are confirmed by the inscriptions on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census.
- Dan Jones Emigrating Company, Journal 1856 May-December.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hunt, John A., [Journal], in "Church Emigration Book"
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 13.
- Wales Births and Baptisms, 1541-1907.