- Birth Date
- 10 December 1836
- Death Date
- 19 April 1919
William Henry Latey
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Caravan with his brothers Henry and John, who continued their journey to Utah with the 1856 William B. Hodgetts Company.
William and his brother, John Henry Latey, were among the small group of men who remained behind at Devil's Gate until spring to guard the personal belongings of the emigrants who had been rescued.
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1900 Nebraska Census
- Cooper, John. Statement, 10 October 1916.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Minutes of meeting at Devil's Gate, 9 November 1856], in John Jaques, Collection, 1846-1920.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), 62-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 9.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.