- Birth Date
- About 1814
- Death Date
- 6 October 1856
John traveled with his son and daughter. The Turners emigrated from England by way of the ship Horizon. John died en route of a sickness involving diarrhea, according to the company journal. Not too long after his death, his two children also passed away before reaching Utah.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Dan Jones Emigrating Company, Journal 1856 May-December.
- Hunt, John A., [Journal], in "Church Emigration Book"
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 8.
- Letter from John A. Hunt to Brigham Young, 11 October 1856.
- Linforth, J., [Letter], Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 10 January 1857, 27-28.