- Birth Date
- 11 November 1806
- Death Date
- After 1860
Henry was a miner from Scotland. He came to the United States, and ultimately Utah, with his wife Agnes and four daughters Magdalene, Catherine, Jane and Agnes. They crossed the ocean and arrived to Boston in 1856 via the ship Enoch Train. The Baxter family then continued their journey to Utah as part of the Hunt company. His birth date is confirmed by Scottish birth and baptism records. Further evidence is needed to provide an accurate date of death.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- 1851 Scotland Census
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News [Weekly], 23 July 1856, 160.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- “John A. Hunt Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 49)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 14.
- Massachusetts, Boston Passenger Lists, 1848-1891.