- Birth Date
- 10 March 1818
- Death Date
- 24 May 1898
Joseph was part of the 1st Company of Ten led by Wilford Woodruff. At the time of travel, he was a member of 4th Quorum of Seventies. Shortly after his arrival in the Valley, he returned to Winter Quarters to collect his family. They returned together with the Allen Company in 1849.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Allen Taylor's 100, first 50, report, 1849 September 3." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849. (MS 14290, Reel 3, Box 2, Folder 40)
- Appleby, William I., Autobiography and journal, 1848-1856, fd. 1.
- Book of the Pioneers
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- "Death of a Pioneer," Deseret Evening News, 27 May 1898, 8.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Egbert, Joseph, Reminiscences, in Utah Semi-Centennial Commission, The book of the pioneers [ca. 1897].
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 3.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 4:700.
- Moore, David, Collection 1843-1921, fd. 4, 7p.
- Moore, David, Writings [ca. 1860], 45-54.
- Morgan, Jesse, Journal, in Martha M. Morgan, A Trip Across the Plains in the Year 1849 with Notes of a Voyage to California by Way of Panama [1864; reprint 1983], 7-20.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Woodruff, Wilford, Journal, 1847 Jan.-1853 Dec., box 2, fd. 3, in Journals and papers 1828-1898, 26-77.