- Birth Date
- 2 April 1826
- Death Date
- 6 May 1854
Hosea was part of Brigham Young's 1847 vanguard company and was part of the 9th Company of Ten led by Heber C Kimball. Shortly after his arrival in the Valley, he returned to Winter Quarters to collect his family. He brought them back with the Kimball company the following year.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 22
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Davis, Daniel, Diaries, 1846-1892, fd. 1, vol. 1, 90-101.
- "Died," Deseret News, 25 May 1854, 55.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- "Hosea Cushing," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Hovey, Joseph Grafton, Reminiscences and journals 1845-1856, vol. 1, 130-75.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 Jan., 110-15.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 2, p. 579
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.