- Birth Date
- 25 December 1812
- Death Date
- 27 December 1870
Andrew first came to the Valley from California as discharged member of the Mormon Battalion. In that eastbound company, he served as 2nd lieutenant. He continued on to Winter Quarters to collect his family. They returned to the Valley together the following year with the Willard Richards company.
Andrew's date of birth was listed as 25 December 1812 in "John Brown's company of 10, report, 1848 June." In some sources his birth year is recorded as 1813. His first name may have been George.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 11th Ward, Record of Members
- 1870 California Census.
- Allred, Redick Newton, Autobiographical sketch and diary 1898-1903, reel 9, item 3, vol. 3, 21-23.
- Bliss, Robert Stanton, Diary 1846 Aug.-1848 Jan.
- Brown, John Zimmerman, comp. Autobiography of Pioneer John Brown, 1820-1896 (Salt Lake City, 1941), 100.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hancock, Levi Ward, Journals 1846-1847, fd. 3.
- “John Brown's company of 10, report, 1848 June.” In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849.
- King, John Morris, Diaries -, vol. 3.
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 4, p. 380
- Pace, James, Diary, 1846 Jul-1847 Oct., 53-66.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 180.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.