- Birth Date
- 30 July 1788
- Death Date
- 26 March 1862
Solomon made two trips to the valley, first in 1847 with Brigham Young's company, in which he was part of the 11th Company of Ten led by John S. Higbee. He then returned to Winter Quarters after only a month in the Valley, to collect his family. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company he returned with in 1848.
His death date is confirmed by his obituary.
- Age at Departure: 58
- Age at Departure: 59
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Chamberlin, Solomon, Autobiography [ca. 1858]. MS 5886
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- "Died," Deseret News, 16 April 1862, 336.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Higbee, John Somers, Reminiscences and diaries, 1845-1866, vol. 1 and vol. 2.
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.