- Birth Date
- About 1837
- Death Date
It appears that Jeanette was Francis's second wife and traveled with him and his children to Utah in the William Chipman company. Family tradition indicates that Francis's first wife (Jean or Jane Smith) died in childbirth in 1866 in Ohio. Census records seem to support that Jeanette was a second wife.
Jeanette was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under her husband Francis Chambers.
Birth date listed above come from an obituary printed in the newspaper, The Saints Herald, and data from the 1900 census.
- Age at Departure: 27
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Death records, Mahaska County, Iowa, 1880-1931, Clerk of the District Court, Transcript of Deaths, Mahaska County, Iowa, v. 8-11, July 10, 1911-June 23, 1915, microfilm no. 1787342, image no. 556.
- "Died: Chambers," 23 July 1913, Vol. 60, No. 30, p. 730
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.