- Birth Date
- 24 November 1849
- Death Date
James was indirectly listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook under his father Francis Chambers.
More research needed to confirm birth and death dates.
- Age at Departure: 16
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 311.