- Birth Date
- 13 February 1843
- Death Date
- 24 February 1931
It is believed that Martha was a servant or a friend of the John and Caroline Clark family. It appears that she is listed with Edwin Frances Clark (Frank Bush) in the passenger list. She was not listed in the company roster in William Chipman's notebook or counted with the Clark family in the roster.
More research is needed to confirm Martha's date of birth as secondary sources and indirect evidence state and imply that Martha was born sometime between 1842 and 1844. At this time, the birth date given from family tradition at Family Tree at FamilySearch.org, Martha's death certificate, and obituary, will be used.
- Age at Departure: 23
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- American Fork Ward, Record of Members. (CR 375 8, Reel 113)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Passenger List: of Cap. W. Chipman's Train," Deseret News, 26 September 1866, 5.
- "Pioneer Succumbs At American Fork," Salt Lake Telegram, 28 February 1931, 3.
- Utah Death Certificates.