- Birth Date
- 25 January 1827
- Death Date
- 20 December 1906
George Washington Brown
He is the son of Nathaniel and Avis Hill Brown. He traveled in the 1847 Brigham Young Company and was part of the 2nd Company of Ten led by Ezra Taft Benson. His birth date and death date are confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Brown, George W., Biographical sketch.
- Bullock, Thomas, Correspondence, 1836-1857.
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Empey, William A., "The Mormon Ferry on the North Platte, The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," ed. Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming , July-Oct. 1949, 124-33.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Lyman, Amasa Mason, Diary, reel 1, vol. 8, 1-26 and 1-10, written by Albert Carrington, in Amasa Mason Lyman, Collection 1832-1877.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Utah Death Certificates.