- Birth Date
- 4 February 1823
- Death Date
- 29 April 1853
Rodney held the office of Elder and was part of the 14th company of ten. Upon reaching Green River, he ventured back to help guide oncoming companies. He joined his family in the Grant-Snow company and traveled to Salt Lake Valley with them.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Bullock, Thomas, Journals 1843-1849, vol. 4.
- Clayton, William, Diary, 1847 January-December.
- Egan, Howard, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, ed. and comp. William M. Egan  21-105.
- Empey, William A., "The Mormon Ferry on the North Platte, The Journal of William A. Empey, May 7-August 4, 1847," ed. Dale L. Morgan, Annals of Wyoming , July-Oct. 1949, 124-33.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Jacob, Norton, Reminiscence and journal 1844 May-1852 January, 47-85.
- Kimball, Heber C., Journal, in Papers 1837-1866.
- Lyman, Amasa Mason, Diary, reel 1, vol. 8, 1-26 and 1-10, written by Albert Carrington, in Amasa Mason Lyman, Collection 1832-1877.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Rockwood, Albert Perry, Diary, 1847 April-July.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of Members.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.