- Birth Date
- 13 October 1805
- Death Date
- 27 September 1866
Emigrated from Essex England. The company records only list head of household, but it also indicates that Samuel purchased 5 adult food rations, which indicates that his wife, daughter, son, and daughter-in-law made the overland trip with him as well.
- Age at Departure: 60
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Account 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 365.
- Smith, Joseph Daniel, Autobiographical sketch, 5-6.
- Smith, Joseph Daniel. Journals, (1885-1887).
- "Trains Got In," Deseret News, 3 October 1866, 6.