- Birth Date
- 1 May 1843
- Death Date
- 6 December 1904
Samuel initially came to Utah with the James Wareham Company in 1862. However, a few years later, he worked as an out-and-back teamster, assisting in bringing the new emigrants across the plains. He married one of the young girls in this train half way through their journey.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the Eastern Idaho Death Records.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 23
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Haycock, Eliza Stredder, Reminiscences.
- Mormon Migration
- Young, Joseph W., "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.