- Birth Date
- 9 March 1831
- Death Date
- 26 October 1914
Sarah's husband, William Bates, was a merchant who came to the Valley with his family in 1862. For some reason, likely business, they all returned to England and he, his wife, and eight children are seen crossing the ocean and plains to the Valley again in 1866.
Her travel to Utah is also mentioned in her husband's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Age at Departure: 35
- 1870 Utah Census.
- “Captain John D. Holladay, accounts, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868. (Roster)
- "Death of Mrs. Sarah Bates," Deseret Evening News , 27 Oct. 1914, 12.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Passenger List," Deseret News, 19 September 1866, 333. (Roster)
- "Pioneer Resident is Found Dead by Wife," The Inter-Mountain Republican," 29 May 1909, 9.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1965.