- Birth Date
- 12 April 1824
- Death Date
- 10 September 1915
- The Smith family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Wellfleet.Ten-year-old Thomas G. Smith was on the ship with them. He was the son of William Smith and his first wife, Ann Ormandy. A family history states that when he was 11 years old, he ran way while in New York and was never found.Their baby, Alma Walker Smith was also on the ship with his family, but he died after landing in New York.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- "78th Birthday Celebrated By Morgan Pioneer," Morgan County News , 4 Feb. 1944, 1.
- McAllister, John Daniel Thompson, Journals, 1851-1906, reel 1, vol. 4, 38-72.
- "Names of Immigrants," Deseret News [Weekly], 24 September 1862, 2.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 536.
- Smith, William, [Autobiography], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 2:185-86.
- Smith, William G., [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 26:91-93.