- Birth Date
- 21 August 1840
- Death Date
- 2 January 1918
Arrived in New York on 16 June 1860 via the ship William Tapscott. His surname is spelled "Enz" on the passenger list. he initally traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the William Budge Company in 1860, but then returned to the east and back twice again as a out-and-back teamster for both the Harmon Company in 1862 and the Haight Company in 1863.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 22
- Ence, Gottlieb, A Short Sketch of My Life [ca. 1900], 9-10. (MS 8658)
- Ence, Gottlieb, A Short Sketch of My Life [ca. 1911], 19-20. (MS 8658)
- Ence, Gottlieb, A short sketch of my life [ca. 1911], 14-15. (MS 8658)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 52.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, General Files (CR 376 1) (except for 1847-49 which are in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849).
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 22 August 1860, 197.