- Birth Date
- 5 January 1828
- Death Date
- 26 November 1906
John traveled with his mother, Eliza, and his sister, Mercy Miller, and her son in the James G. Willie Company, as indicated by PEF records. However, he and his mother dropped out of this company in Florence, Nebraska, and then continued on with the Warren Walling Company in 1860.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Age at Departure: 32
- 1860 United States Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- “Emigration list for Spring, 1860.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862, p. 1-6. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 56)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 9.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 198.
- Utah Death Certificates.