- Birth Date
- 9 October 1810
- Death Date
- 21 November 1881
George traveled with his family. Included was his daughter, Ann, who was listed on the ship manifest. Family stories say that Ann was hidden by her grandmother at the time of sailing. Ann can be traced after 1856 in England, but there is no documentation of her ever being in Utah.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
In some sources their surname is shown as "Humphries."
- Age at Departure: 45
- Head of Household
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 2.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 218.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .