- Birth Date
- 24 March 1836
- Death Date
- 18 October 1906
Emily and her sister, Julia, sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
Emily married William Gill Mills in 1857 after arriving to Utah. She later married in Joseph Woodmansee in 1864.
- Age at Departure: 20
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 19.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 210.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Smith, Marilyn Austin, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Woodmansee, Emily Hill, [Autobiography], in Augusta Joyce Crocheron, comp., Representative Women of Deseret , , 85-86.
- Woodmansee, Emily Hill, Hunger and Cold, 1881.