- Birth Date
- 15 April 1789
- Death Date
- 13 September 1856
He came to America with his wife in 1856 on the ship John J. Boyd.
- Age at Departure: 67
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company, Journal 1856 May-Nov., 16-53.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 22.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 274.
- Rogerson, Josiah, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 2]," Salt Lake Herald , 5 Jan. 1908.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Savage, Levi, Journal, 1855 Mar.-1858 Oct.
- Smith, Marilyn Austin, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Willie, James G., "Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856." In Historian's Office history of the Church, 1839-circa 1882, 9 November 1856, 966-83.
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.