- Birth Date
- 3 December 1830
- Death Date
- 8 March 1909
William Edward Griffiths
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
Later in life he may have thought his birth year was 1826, as is listed on a few sources.
- Age at Departure: 25
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Endowments of the living, 1851-1884.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company, Journal 1856 May-Nov., 16-53.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 25.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 218.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Savage, Levi, Journal, 1855 Mar.-1858 Oct.
- Smith, Marilyn Austin, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.