Niels Lars Christensen
- Birth Date
- 19 October 1828
- Death Date
- 7 February 1920
Niels Lars Christensen traveled from Hilbrod, Denmark, to the Salt Lake Valley with the John E. Forsgren Company in 1853.
At the end of a mission, Niels Lars traveled with independent wagons as an interpreter and counselor to the Danish Saints traveling to the Salt Lake Valley in the James G. Willie Company in 1856.
His name appears as “N. L. Christiansen” on the company rosters. However, his death certificate and the inscription on his gravestone confirm the spelling of his surname.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 27
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company, Journal 1856 May-Nov., 16-53.
- Madsen, Peder, Diary 1856 Apr.-Sept., trans. Don H. Smith, 19-29.
- [Manuscript history of the John E. Forsgren Emigrating Company ca. 1930], 18-35.
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854, 1858-1863 [Index].
- Rogerson, Josiah, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 2]," Salt Lake Herald , 5 Jan. 1908.
- Smith, Don, e-mail communication, 29 Apr. 2003.
- Smith, Don, personal conversation, 9 Mar. 2005
- Smith, Marilyn Austin, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Utah Death Certificates
- Warnick, Irvin Leroy, Warnick, Irvin Leroy, Our Own Sevier: A Comprehensive Centennial Volume, Sevier County, Utah, 1865-1965 , 362-63.
- Willie, James G., Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856, in "History of Brigham Young," 9 Nov. 1856, 966-83.
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.