- Birth Date
- 7 April 1804
- Death Date
- 7 November 1856
He traveled from England on the ship Thornton in 1856 with his wife Elizabeth and their daughter Mary Elizabeth. His wife died at Rocky ridge and he died a few days before entering the valley.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, November 1856, 24.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 216.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Steed, Thomas, The Life of Thomas Steed from His Own Diary: 1826-1910, 19, 22-23.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.