- Birth Date
- 28 May 1842
- Death Date
- 18 January 1920
George and his family initially traveled with the Willie Company as far as Florence, Nebraska in 1856. There some went on with the Martin Handcart Company that same year, others remained in Florence until 1860, when they crossed the plains with the Joseph W. Young Freight Train. Though a George “Quin” appears on the roster for the Henry W. Miller Company in 1862, family tradition and some secondary sources place George in the Joseph Young Freight Train in 1860, with his parents and other members of his family.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1860 Iowa Census
- "Captain Miller’s Company," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 4.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 8, 76.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah , p. 341.
- "Merchant is Dead." Ephraim Enterprise, 24 January 1920, 1.
- Mormon Migration
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 220.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 520.
- Utah Death Certificates.