- Birth Date
- 10 March 1817
- Death Date
- 4 July 1888
William traveled with his wife, Amy, and son, John. His family shared a PEF Bond with his daughter, Ann Elizabeth and her husband, Francis Webster.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 66.
- Loynd, James, The Martin Handcart Company, 1926.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 230
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.