- Birth Date
- 6 March 1828
- Death Date
- 19 December 1899
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Bleak, James G. to John Moore, 3 Dec. 1856, in Moore family, Papers, 1846-1876, item 3.
- Bleak, James Godson, Journal 1854 Feb.-1860 Feb.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 66.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 230
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.