- Birth Date
- 28 February 1815
- Death Date
- 7 October 1856
George came with his wife and six children. The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Barnes, William, Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1890], .
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 64.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 229.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 234.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Ship Passenger and Manifest Lists/Mormon Migration